Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2009

Dar es Salaam I

This is the time to be more active in the blog. Here it comes:
I write while there is no electricity, only to those, like me, happy enough to be at a place where the power generator, driven by dieselpower, produces noise and electricity in abundance. So things run smoothly, if you are lucky, and can afford.
This research stay will hopefully lead me to a lot of knowledge on the history of health and healthservices in Tanzania. However, I want to write about other things as well. As the power can go off any minute - i suspect the generator does not run for my blogging but to assure cools sleeping conditions for other guests (their aircon struggling with the generator for the noisiest machine in the block), please be not surprised if this message suddenly ...